To flash your MediaTek devices, you will need to install all the MediaTek drivers. These are applications that enable you to install the drivers and flash your device. To use the driver on the system, you will have to make sure that your device supports this MediaTek chipset. Usually, all the devices are flashed using the SP flash tool and this is the driver that you will have to use to flash your device. One thing that you have to keep in mind that these drivers are compatible with the Windows system and are supported by all the Windows versions. In this article, we are going to help you with installing the MediaTek driver on the system. We have mentioned the stepwise process that you will have to follow. Read the article till the end to know more.
Characteristics of MediaTek Drivers
In this section of the article, we have mentioned all the characteristics of the MediaTek driver. Read the list below.
- The very first thing about the tool is that you can easily connect the tool with your system and also, you can transfer data using the tool. All you have to do is to enable the USB debugging on your system and after that, you will have to connect it to the system.
- Other than this, if you want to change the IMEI on your MediaTek device, you will need to have all the preloader drivers on the system. You can write the IMEI using the SN write tool.
- Moreover, the tool is compatible with almost all Windows devices. The device can easily be detected by other devices. It is also compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 10, 8, and 8.1.
- Also, if you want to flash your device, you will have to use the USB drivers. To flash the Mediatek devices, you need to pre-install all the MediaTek drivers.
- You should also know that the tool is developed and distributed by mtkusballdriver.com and it is present on the same website. So, the credit of the tool goes to the company only that they are distributing the tool for free.
Steps to install MediaTek Drivers
Below we have mentioned all the steps that you will have to follow to install the MediaTek driver on your system. Read the steps carefully and follow them in the same way as mentioned.
- The very first thing that you will have to do is download the Mediatek driver on your system.
- After this, you will have to extract the files of the Mediatek driver as it will download in the zip format.
- Once done, you will have to open the device manager. For this, you can open the control panel on your system, and then you can look for the device manager option.
- Now, in the device manager window, you will have to look for the name of your system. It will be present at the top of the screen.
- You will have to then click on the Action option and then you will have to click on the add Legacy hardware.
- Now, a new window will open on the system, and then you will have to click on the Next button.
- Once done, you will have to click on the option of Install the hardware that I manually select from a list. After selecting the option, you will have to click on the next option.
- You will then have to click on the show all the devices option and then you will have to click on the next option.
- Now, you will have to look for the have a disk option and then click on it. You will then have to select the file that you have extracted. It will have a .inf extension.
- After selecting the file, you will have to click on the install option and then after the completion of the installation of the .inf file, you will have to restart the system.
- Finally, you have installed the MediaTek driver on your device.
So, this was all you need to know about Mediatek driver. We have mentioned all the steps that you will have to follow to install it on your system. We hope that this article will help you to successfully install the MediaTek (MTK) driver on your system.